Monday, August 10, 2020

Introduction to spiritual bromides

Over the years I have seen posted on my Face Book page that a person had spent whole the day in their pajamas. In my ignorance I had this very judgmental thought, "how could anybody do that?" Well guess what, I have spent the last TWO days in my pajamas, or as I prefer the Spanish, "pijamas." (There is a nicer ring to it.) It has hit a high of 118 degrees and we have had other days in the high teens.  Place the quarantine on top of that and you can well guess I have been in some real weird places.  I have not had a hug in about three months, this I miss the most.  We all need human contact.  We are created by our wise Creator to be that way. "It is not good for man to be alone" is one of the earliest admonishments found in the Bible.  Nothing over time has contradicted that wise counsel.  I have not celebrated a public mass in the same amount of time, and the future here in Arizona is not looking good for a person of my age for that to change.  So I am left with me, myself and I, which is to be in the company of a tough trinity.  The companionship I cannot very well get divorced from.  We are really stuck together until "death do us part."  This virus has brought death as the uninvited visitor to so many families.  Sadly the numbers are increasing day by day.  What a journey into powerlessness we have been blasted into." I believe LORD, HELP MY DISBELIEF,  is the prayer I am relying on to get me from one moment to the next.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment