Wednesday, August 12, 2020

Introduction to spiritual bromides part 2

Luckily I have been blessed with some great, but challenging wisdom over the many years.  Here are some of the practices that have allowed me to maintain some semblance of sanity, at least to this point in time.  Where I go from here is a very moment to moment question.  The answers to which I am not privy to, so it is or has to be living "one day at a time, enjoying one moment at a time."  Oh brother!!! how I have been depending on the mysterious power of living in the present moment.  That is of course when I can place myself, and find myself in the present moment. These are rare and very precious moments.  It is so easy to say "live one moment at a time, it is for me, so, so very difficult to actually achieve. Even though the Scriptures tell us that "now is an acceptable time, now is the time of salvation," we still find it so difficult to make it a daily practice.  It is that daily practice of repetition that allows it to seep deep into our unconsciousness.  There it awaits to be called on.


The above quotation is a quotation I have been reading for so long, but it is now I am getting really acquainted, with that wisdom. Has that come to me as the result of any great success?, on the contrary it has been with the pain of loss, failure, loneliness, isolation, and the fear of the unknown future,  (to mention just a few) that has brought me to my knees and into an ever deepening surrender.  The Fighting Irish are not known to surrender very readily.  That is our greatest blessing and our greatest weakness. That is another thing I have had to grow in acceptance of which one cannot have one without the other.  Darn it!!! There is a word from "The Derry Girls" and "Mrs. Browns Boys" I would like to use instead.  Go figure!!!!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment