Thursday, August 20, 2020

Bromides that work part 3

"Out of the depths... I cry unto you O Lord, Lord hear my prayer," is my go to bromide for my journey made, one moment at a time. Did you see the blank "….."? Well that is there for me to surrender something I have no way of dealing with, by myself.  It can be "out of the depths of my fear, self hatred, toxic guilt, shame, insecurity, anger, resentment, loneliness, abandonment, woundedness, just to mention a few, they are my constant companions, that I pray.  The more honest I am with where I am at, the sooner the feelings of well being are there for my consolation. If we do not pray from our place of honesty, nothing will happen.  We have to pray from our real truth, no matter the language used.  If we are faking it, so as to look good, and acceptable, we are not living our truth, then Truth Itself cannot connect and answer our cry." Feelings are the language of God to the soul" so wrote John of The Cross.  Sadly we have to grow into honesty. Honesty is progressive.  It takes a great deal of hard work to be really honest.  We must have a source, an atmosphere of hospitality, openness and welcome to encourage us take those initial baby steps into real honesty.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment