Saturday, February 15, 2020

Nothing is Forever, part 2

So then, when we are in a really tough spot and not yet awakened or enlightened, we think  "Well this is it.  This is the end." Woe!! is me. In hindsight, which is always 20/20 what I, at the time, thought were endings were in reality beginnings.  The beginnings of a new and a better way of living.      (My deepest prayer today is, "God help me not to screw up by returning to my old ways of thinking and acting."  "Your will, not mine be done.)  I have come to embrace that in every ending there is hidden the beginnings of something new in every beginning are sown the seeds of it demise.  This is life at its rawest.  Not a very pretty place to be in but an essential reality for those who are chosen to trudge the trails of emerging honesty.  "Life is lived looking forward but understood looking backwards." I am now coming to believe that it was in the darkest of places I survived only through the gracious gift of hope.  

No comments:

Post a Comment