Thursday, November 23, 2023

 " Life's not a problem to be solved, it is a mystery to be lived." I just cannot express my gratitude for being the recipient of this piece of mysterious knowledge,that I am always  seeking, searching to understand.  Of course that will never happen, all I can expect is being drawn into an ever deeper seeing and understanding. I am like the blind man, Bartimaeus, expressing the wish."Lord, that I may see". The sight that is given is not necessarily the insight I was looking for. It has been eons since the importance of Matthew 25, and, The Beatitudes was placed before my eyes. It has been a long journey to grow in an ever deepening understanding of all that is contained within those Sacred Scriptures. I will never come to a full understanding of the depth of knowledge hidden and revealed in those paragraphs of The Written Word. All I can do is have the desire to be led into the mystery of The Word, there to experience, encounter. There is an ever new encounter between the always evolving Joe, and the infinite depth of meaning to all that is hidden and revealed. I must have the desire to be opened up, to be penetrated,  so that what is essential for my  spiritual healing and daily living may be laid out. Here the inner eye of faith is our friend leading us to places the false self just does not want to go to. That battle, between the true self and the false self has been joined. It will never end in this life. "Courage" I hear The Rabbi Jesus say,"I have overcome the world." As He was, so, are we, today. "I believe, Lord, help my unbelief/disbelief". " Come O Holy Spirit, come, enliven and enlighten these tired eyes of my heart and soul.

     In the last posting I hinted at The Eucharistic celebration that is slated for this coming Thursday. Here are new lenses with which to view that which is ancient, but will be ever new this Thursday. It will not be something trite you are forced to travel through.It will before it CAN be a real spiritual renewing action for all who participate. Will you envision the table, as an altar around which are gathered a community. A community of different shades of understanding and belief. As they are responding to your invitation they know that you are a person of faith. You have your unique, one of a kind relationship, with The Gracious One, which is playing a part in the celebration. This can be hidden or overt. It is a reality. A reality that gives meaning to all you say and do.

Thanksgiving meals are a time of prayer. Make sure your prayer extends to way beyond the confines of the home. May it extend to the millions of our brothers and sisters who will be hungry and homeless, with no hope that  their crucifixion will end any time soon. Prayer is not enough. What will be the action that will follow as a consequence of this celebration. "To whom much is given, much is expected" the words coming from The Giver of all good gifts. '' let those who have ears, let them hear". Be sensitive to the homeless one within yourself so you may be able to offer some hospitality to the homeless one who will visit your, "little church of the home." I pray that the presider over the celebration is properly prepared and disposed to make the meal what it cam really be a nourishing spiritual experience.

Communion is a gift that can be an essential part of the eucharistic celebration. Here is a suggestion.At some time during the meal, before there has been too much wine consumed, take your plate and turn the the people next to you.Offer them a morsel from you plate with the words " I  the body of Christ, nourish you the body of Christ."You exchange morsels withers many a seems fit. If there are non Christians maybe  words like " My being, nourishes your being, as your being nourishes me". 

        Sad to say all the military resources ofAmerica are deployed. How many empty chairs, and places will occupy a space around the altars this year. This is not the time to take for granted  what is now before us. Let us this year make our Thanksgiving Celebration a more vital and vivifying experience for all who are invited to share the eucharistic gifts.   Love peace and joy is my wish for all. Great Grandpa Joe.

                     

No comments:

Post a Comment